Marrickville | Is there Justice? Or Just Us! Solidarity Going Global
- Justice or JustUs
Doors open 6PM
Wednesday 24 January
Red Rattler Theatre, Marrickville
‘Is there Justice or Just Us? 2 ‘Going Global’
Listen, Learn, Live & Liberate
Global Liberation to End Colonial Occupation!
This is our call to action- Turn up and come and learn from the Global South on shared struggles for liberation.
In the lead up to Invasion day, in the midst of several global genocides, the 24th of January is the International day of Education, and we invite you to come to our teach-in and conversation by a few key panelists from the Global South wanting to share their lived experience of struggle for liberation.
The sixth International Day of Education theme is “learning for lasting peace” yet it is known there can be no peace without justice.
Knowledge is power. Power is the people. In this global rise of disinformation, misinformation, hate speech and silencing that is fueling genocide; it is vital to gather and have radical learning spaces.
Organise, Mobilise, Decolonise, Revolutionise
‘Is there Justice or JustUs? Going Global’ will first have a panel then open the floor to an open mic for poetry and storytelling. Coming together as a collective of communities to show that unity is power, we want to hear from you. You are invited to the Open Mic, Topic: ‘Going Global’.
Available for purchase
- ‘Just Tees’ T-shirts
All proceeds will go to ‘JustUs’ an initiative that supports vulnerable people facing systemic injustices.
Food available from 6.30 pm
- The venue is wheelchair accessible
- There is limited free street parking
- There is an Auslan Interpreter
- We welcome anyone into the space who identifies as trans, gender diverse or an ally. Everyone is free to be their authentic selves without judgment.
- People living with autism are welcome to use their own strategies, there will also be individuals present with Sunflower training who will be wearing badges.
- Please get in touch with any specific access requirement not listed here.
- Aggressive or discriminatory behavior will not be tolerated. Our job is to uplift each other.
- RACISM NOT WELCOME