Interning with APAN was an immensely fulfilling experience that reinvigorated my passion for Palestinian advocacy. I particularly enjoyed contributing to the 2023 solidarity conference, and my involvement in APAN’s political lobbying. My highlight was crafting and telling my Nakba story to a Member of Parliament.
– Ammar, former APAN Intern
Would you like to be more involved in the movement for Palestine? If you are a young Palestinian under the age of 35, don’t miss this unique opportunity! Sign up for APAN’s Palestinian Youth Internship program now!
We are searching for a committed young Palestinian who has a passion for advocacy and the drive to learn more. The program offers the opportunity to gain practical knowledge in the fields of advocacy, lobbying and organising, by providing an immersive “hands on” experience where you can apply and develop relevant skills working alongside APAN staff and executive board. Interns will be paid an honorarium of $2500 for their five-month internship (a total of 88 hours).
Your duties will include:
- Committing to 4 hours weekly, for a period of 5 months
- Developing a five-month plan (your plan may include some training options)
- Familiarising yourself with APAN’s three focus areas: Community Organising; Communications and Media; Campaigning and Political Lobbying before focusing in one area.
- Work on projects including; participate in planning, implementation and evaluation
The ideal candidate will have:
- Palestinian background
- Highly committed to the cause
- Good communication skills and a passion for campaigning and political lobbying
- Good writing skills, and a good eye for detail
- Good time management skills
- Experience either in paid work or as a volunteer in at least one of the areas of community organising, media, communications, campaigning or lobbying.
This internship cycle will start on Monday 06 March 2023 and will end on Monday 07 August 2023. To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to [email protected] no later than 19 February 2023, 11:59PM.