Are you passionate about Palestine? Do you have an interest in advocacy? Are you a young Palestinian under the age of 35? If your answer is yes, don’t miss this unique opportunity! Sign up for APAN’s Palestinian Youth Internship program now!
We are searching for a Palestinian who has a passion for advocacy and the drive to learn more. The program offers young Palestinians the opportunity to gain practical knowledge in the fields of advocacy, lobbying and organising, by providing an immersive “hands on” experience where you can apply and develop relevant skills working alongside APAN staff. Interns will be paid an honorarium of $2500 for their five-month internship.
Your duties will include:
- Committing to 4 hours weekly, for a period of 5 months
- Developing a five-month plan (your plan may include some training options)
- Familiarising yourself with APAN’s three focus areas: Community Organising; Communications and Media; Campaigning and Political Lobbying before focusing in one area
- Work on projects including; participate in planning, implementation and evaluation
The ideal candidate will have:
- Palestinian background
- Good communication skills and a passion for campaigning and political lobbying
- Good writing skills, and a good eye for details
- Good time management skills
- Experience either in paid work or as a volunteer in at least one of the areas of community organising, media, communications, campaigning or lobbying
This internship cycle will start on 18 July 2022 and will end on 18 December 2022. To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to [email protected] no later than 12 June 2022, 11:59PM.