Party positions on the Question of Palestine
September 2013 Federal Election, Watson electorate, New South Wales
Please note that you may view the Australian Greens’ position on the Israel Palestinian conflict.
In answer to the points raised in the correspondence, please review my responses below:
Did your party support Palestine’s bid for United Nations membership in November 2012?
- Yes, we moved a motion in the Senate in support, 27/11/2012.
Does your party support a peace settlement based upon the 1967 borders?
- Yes, see our position at the above link.
What is your party’s position on the Jewish settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territories?
- We oppose the expansions of settlements. See our position at the above link.
What is your party’s position on Israel’s blockade of the Gaza Strip?
- We oppose the blockade.See our position at the above link.
What is your party’s position regarding aid to Palestine?
- We support Australian aid projects in Palestine.
If you are elected, will you advocate for an Australia Foreign Policy that supports the Palestinians’ struggle for freedom and independence?