Party positions on the Question of Palestine
September 2013 Federal Election, Reid electorate, New South Wales
Thank you for your questions on the important issue of Palestine. I am The Greens candidate. Please see below my response to your questions, which follows Australian Greens policy. In answer to your questions:
Did your party support Palestine’s bid for the United Nations membership in November 2012?
- Yes, we moved a motion in the Senate in support,27/11/2012.
Does your party support a peace settlement based upon the 1967 borders?
- Yes, see our position at the above link.
What is your party’s position on the Jewish settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territories?
- We oppose the expansions of settlements. See our position at the above link.
What is your party’s position on Israel’s blockade of the Gaza Strip?
- We oppose the blockade. See our position at the above link.
What is your party’s position regarding aid to Palestine?
- We support Australian aid projects in Palestine.
If you are elected, will you advocate for an Australian Foreign Policy that supports the Palestinian’s struggle for freedom and independence?