There is nothing like seeing for yourself daily life for Palestinians.
APAN has not currently scheduled any of our own tours – but there are plenty of opportunities – below are some we can recommend.
Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions (ICAHD):
- ICAHD Extended Study Tour 18-28 March 2019, or 4-14 November 2019
- Also Day Tours to Jerusalem Old City, East Jerusalem, Greater Jerusalem and the Jordan Valley
AMOS Trust (UK):
- Palestine Marathon, 19-24 March 2019
- Road Club Tour of Palestine, 21-29 March 2019 (bicycle tour)
- Amos Trust Home Rebuild, 7-18 April 2019
- Greenbelt/Oasis Palestine Experience, 13-23 May 2019
- Women of the West Bank, 8-15 June 2019
- A Taste of Palestine, 9-18 October 2019
- Walk the West Bank, 29 October-9 November 2019
Interfaith Peace-Builders (USA) – offers 13-day Palestine tour
Eyewitness Palestine (USA) – current delegation tours
Grassroots Jerusalem (Jerusalem) – Jerusalem Political Tour (3 hours)
Sabeel Ecumenical Liberation Theology Centre (Jerusalem) – Witness Visits (2019 programme forthcoming)
Green Olive Tours (Jerusalem) – offers a variety of day tours, multi-day tours, hiking, cycling etc throughout the occupied Palestinian territories and Israel.
Alternative Tours (Jerusalem) – offers a variety of day tours and transport services once you are in-country.
Jonathan Cook (Nazareth) – Jonathan is a British journalist based in Nazareth who offers half-day or day tours of Nazareth and the surrounding areas. Highly recommended.
Alternative Tourism Group (Bethlehem) – offers a variety of bespoke tours (olive picking, day trips, home stays etc); plus two special tours in conjunction with Bethlehem Fair Trade Artisans Network:
- Taste & See: A Fair Trade Alternative Encounter Tour of Palestine, 22-30 March 2019 and 21-29 June 2019
Joint Advocacy Initiative of East Jerusalem YMCA:
- Journey for Justice – Palestine, 27 July-4 August 2019 (youth aged 17-30)
To Be There (Bethlehem) – offers a variety of tour opportunities:
- Tree Planting, 26 January-3 February 2019
- Palestinian Land Day Tour, 23-31 March 2019
- Diaspora Solidarity Volunteer Program, 1-10 July 2019 (in conjunction with Dalia Association)
- Olive Harvest in Palestine, 19-27 October 2019
- Day trips – Sunday Bethlehem political tours, bespoke private day trips
Breaking The Silence (Israel) – day tours led by ex-Israeli soldiers offer a unique perspective on the Israeli occupation of the Palestinian territories. There are 2-3 tours per month offered in English and they book out fast, so be sure to book early.
Machsom Watch (“Checkpoint” Watch, Israel) – an Israeli women’s organisation who offer day trips to the West Bank – see here for upcoming trips >
Alternative Information Center (AIC) – Bridges instead of walls: A six day seminar in Palestine, 29 April-5 May 2019 (applications due 30 March 2019)